Connect with us

Man suffers heart attack at Heart Attack Grill {VIDEO}


Man suffers heart attack at Heart Attack Grill {VIDEO}

The Heart Attack Grill in downtown Las Vegas lived up to its name Saturday night, when a customer dining on a “triple bypass burger” suffered an apparent heart attack.

  • Amateur video of the man being wheeled out of the restaurant by EMTs was posted to several web sites.

“He was having the sweats and shaking,” said ‘Nurse’ Bridgett, who was working at the restaurant when the man in his 40s began experiencing chest pains.

“Doctor” Jon Basso, who opened the restaurant in October, told FOX5 at first he thought it was a joke.

“One of the nurses came back to me and said, ‘Dr. Jon, we’ve got a patient who’s in trouble.'”

The restaurant is known for not holding back on the food it serves. Signs around the business glorify bad eating habits and the menu includes items like Flatliner Fries, and Butterfat Milkshakes.

One meal, the “quadruple bypass burger” can easily exceed 8,000 calories.

The gentleman who suffered the heart attack was in the middle of eating a Triple Bypass burger when he began experiencing the symptoms.

Despite the clinical atmosphere, Basso is not actually a medical doctor, so he called 911. Paramedics and EMTs arrived in moments.

“The gentleman could barely talk,” said Basso. “He was sweating, suffering. Anyone with an ounce of compassion would’ve felt for him.”

Basso tells FOX5 he has heard the man is alive and recuperating. His name is still unknown.

The staff at the Heart Attack Grill willingly glorifies bad health. If you weigh over 350 pounds, you eat for free. And on Saturday night, Basso saw the other side.

“I actually felt horrible for the gentleman because the tourists were taking photos of him as if it were some type of stunt. Even with our own morbid sense of humor, we would never pull a stunt like that,” he said.

Tourists were disheartened, but not entirely surprised to hear about the incident.

“I don’t think I would walk into a place, even if it’s called the Heart Attack Grill, and order food, and expect that I was going to have a heart attack,” said Las Vegas resident Debbie Kaye.

Customers, however, continued eating the burgers, fries, and shakes Tuesday night.

“It says right on the door, it’s hazardous to your health,” diner CJ Beeman pointed out.

Basso said there have been a ‘variety of incidents’ in the past, but this is the first full-scale coronary that happened in his restaurant.


Continue Reading


Powered by Facebook Comments

Like Us On Facebook


To Top